Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 680s 690s 700s - 710s - 720s 730s 740s
|Years:||711 712 713 - 714 - 715 716 717|
|Gregorian calendar|| 714 |
|Ab urbe condita||1467|
|Armenian calendar|| 163 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1130 – -1129|
|Coptic calendar||430 – 431|
|Ethiopian calendar||706 – 707|
|Hebrew calendar||4474 – 4475|
|- Vikram Samvat||769 – 770|
|- Shaka Samvat||636 – 637|
|- Kali Yuga||3815 – 3816|
|Iranian calendar||92 – 93|
|Islamic calendar||95 – 96|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1374|
|Thai solar calendar||1257|
- This article is about the year 714. For other uses see 714
- February 28 — An earthquake strikes Syria.
- The Tibetan invasion of China's Tang Dynasty is defeated.
- Emperor Xuanzong of Tang forbids all commercial vendors and shops in the Chinese capital city of Chang'an to copy and sell Buddhist sutras, so that the emperor could give the clergy of the Buddhist monasteries the sole right to distribute written sutras to the laity.
- King Radbod of the Frisians defeats Charles Martel. Frisia becomes independent.
- Saragossa falls to the Arab armies of Musa bin Nusair.
- On the death of Pepin II his illegitimate son Charles Martel becomes mayor of the Austrasian palace and effective power behind the Frankish throne.
- December 16 — Pippin of Herstal, Mayor of the Palace and de facto ruler of the Franks
- Emperor Shang of Tang
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 714. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 714 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 714
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Pepin the Short (714-768)||Charles Martel (686-741)||Rotrude of Treves (690-724)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 714
2 people died in 714
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Alpaida (c640-714)||Dodo (c615-?)||74|
|Pepin of Herstal (635-714)||Ansegisel (c606-bef679)||Saint Begga (615-693)||79|
14 people lived in 714
Events of the year 714 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 714.
There were 0 military battles in 714.