|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 40s 50s 60s - 70s - 80s 90s 100s
|Years:||70 71 72 - 73 - 74 75 76|
|Gregorian calendar|| 73 |
|Ab urbe condita||826|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1771 – -1770|
|Coptic calendar||-211 – -210|
|Ethiopian calendar||65 – 66|
|Hebrew calendar||3833 – 3834|
|- Vikram Samvat||128 – 129|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3174 – 3175|
|Iranian calendar||549 BP – 548 BP|
|Islamic calendar||566 BH – 565 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 733|
|Thai solar calendar||616|
- The Romans capture Masada, one of the last battles of the First Jewish-Roman War. Surviving defenders commit mass suicide when defeat becomes imminent.
- Pliny the Elder serves as procurator in Hispania Tarraconensis.
- Domitian is a Roman Consul.
- Vespasian begins conquest of territory east of the upper Rhine and south of the Main. In addition, he reorganizes the defenses of the upper and lower Danube.
- February — the Chinese Han Dynasty launches a major campaign against the Xiongnu, whom they confront in the Battle of Yiwulu in the Kumul oasis, an ultimate Han military victory led by General Dou Gu (d. 88).
- Ban Chao (Pan-Tch’ao), competing with the Xiongnu, imposes a Chinese protectorate on the kings of Lop Nor and Khotan in the Tarim basin, with the aim of controlling the silk trade.
Arts and ScienceEdit
People of the year 73 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 73
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 73
0 people died in 73
3 people lived in 73
|Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)||Antenor III der West-Franken (c25-c69)|
|Richemer der Franken (aft59-bef114)||Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)|
Events of the year 73 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 73.
There were 0 military battles in 73.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 73. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|