Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||9th century BC - 8th century BC - 7th century BC|
|Decades:||760s BC 750s BC 740s BC - 730s BC - 720s BC 710s BC 700s BC|
|Years:|| 739 BC 738 BC 737 BC 736 BC 735 BC|
734 BC 733 BC 732 BC 731 BC 730 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 739 BC — Hiram II becomes king of Tyre.
- 738 BC — King Tiglath-Pileser III of Assyria invades Israel, forcing it to pay tribute.
- 735 BC — Naxos in Sicily founded as a colony of Chalcis in Euboea. (traditional date)
- 734 BC — Syracuse founded in Sicily as a joint colony of Corinth and Tenea, under the leadership of Archias
- 732 BC — Hoshea becomes the last king of Israel.
- 730 BC — Northern Egypt ends to be ruled by Libyan pharaohs.
- 730 BC — Osorkon IV succeeds Sheshonq IV as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- 730 BC — Piye succeeds his father Kashta as king of the Nubian kingdom of Napata.
- 730 BC — Mattan II succeeds Hiram II as king of Tyre.
- 730 BC — Leontini in Sicily founded by colonists from Naxos
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 730s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|