- 744 may also refer to the Boeing 747-400.
|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 710s 720s 730s - 740s - 750s 760s 770s
|Years:||741 742 743 - 744 - 745 746 747|
|Gregorian calendar|| 744 |
|Ab urbe condita||1497|
|Armenian calendar|| 193 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1100 – -1099|
|Coptic calendar||460 – 461|
|Ethiopian calendar||736 – 737|
|Hebrew calendar||4504 – 4505|
|- Vikram Samvat||799 – 800|
|- Shaka Samvat||666 – 667|
|- Kali Yuga||3845 – 3846|
|Iranian calendar||122 – 123|
|Islamic calendar||126 – 127|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1404|
|Thai solar calendar||1287|
- February — Hildeprand succeeds Liutprand as king of the Lombards.
- October — Ratchis succeeds Hildeprand as king of the Lombards.
- Chinese poet Li Po meets Du Fu for the first time.
- Umayyad caliph al-Walid II ibn Abd al-Malik succeeded by Yazid III ibn Abd al-Malik, Ibrahim ibn Abd al-Malik, and Marwan II.
- Synod of Soissons meets at the instigation of Pippin, and Boniface, the Pope's missionary to pagan Germany, secures the condemnation of Frankish bishop Adalbert and Irish missionary Clement.
- 3 March — Abel becomes archbishop of Reims.
- Theophylact succeeds Stephen IV as Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch.
- Saint Sturm establishes the monastery of Fulda. (or 742?)
- Salih ibn Tarif proclaims himself a prophet among the Berghouata of Morocco.
- February — Liutprand, king of the Lombards
- April 16 — al-Walid II ibn Abd al-Malik, Umayyad caliph
- Stephen IV, Orthodox Patriarch of Antioch (b. 720)
- He Zhizhang
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 744. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 744 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 744
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 744
0 people died in 744
17 people lived in 744
Events of the year 744 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 744.
There were 0 military battles in 744.