|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 740s 750s 760s - 770s - 780s 790s 800s
|Years:||772 773 774 - 775 - 776 777 778|
|Gregorian calendar|| 775 |
|Ab urbe condita||1528|
|Armenian calendar|| 224 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1069 – -1068|
|Coptic calendar||491 – 492|
|Ethiopian calendar||767 – 768|
|Hebrew calendar||4535 – 4536|
|- Vikram Samvat||830 – 831|
|- Shaka Samvat||697 – 698|
|- Kali Yuga||3876 – 3877|
|Iranian calendar||153 – 154|
|Islamic calendar||158 – 159|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1435|
|Thai solar calendar||1318|
- Estimation: Baghdad, capital of the Abbasid Empire, becomes the largest city of the world, taking the lead from Chang'an, capital of China.
- In East Central Chang'an, a Uyghur Turk stabbed a man to death in broad daylight in the East Market before being arrested in the marketplace shortly after. However, his Uyghur chieftan named Chixin (赤心) or Red Heart broke into the county prison and freed the murderous culprit, wounding several Chinese wardens in the process.
- Dharampala begins his reign of Bengal.
- Al-Mahdi becomes the third Abbasid Caliph.
- Battle of Otford between Mercia and Kent.
- Alpin II succeeds Ciniod as king of the Picts.
- Charlemagne begins his campaign into Westphalia.
- The German city of Gießen is formed.
- Al-Mansur, second Abbasid caliph (b. 712)
- Ciniod of the Picts
- September 14 — Constantine V, Byzantine Emperor
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 775. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 775 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 775
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Ruodhaid (c775-852)||Charlemagne (747-814)||Madelgard (?-?)|
0 children were born to the 1 women born in 775
1 people died in 775
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Hnabi (c700-c775)||Huoching (675-709)||75|
28 people lived in 775
Events of the year 775 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 775.
There were 0 military battles in 775.