|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| -30s -20s -10s - 0s - 10s 20s 30s
|Years:||5 6 7 - 8 - 9 10 11|
|8 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 8 |
|Ab urbe condita||761|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1836 – -1835|
|Coptic calendar||-276 – -275|
|Ethiopian calendar||0 – 1|
|Hebrew calendar||3768 – 3769|
|- Vikram Samvat||63 – 64|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3109 – 3110|
|Iranian calendar||614 BP – 613 BP|
|Islamic calendar||633 BH – 632 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 668|
|Thai solar calendar||551|
- August 3 — Roman general Tiberius defeats the Dalmatians on the River Bathinus.
- Vipsania Julia is exiled. Lucius Aemilius Paullus and his family are disgraced. Augustus breaks off the engagement of Claudius to Paullus' daughter Aemilia Lepida.
An effort is made to betrothe Claudius to Livia Medullina.
- Marcus Furius Camillus, Sextus Nonius Quinctilianus, and Lucius Apronius become Roman Consuls.
- Roman poet Ovid is banished from Rome and exiled to the Black Sea near Tomis (present-day Constanţa).
- Start of Chushi era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- Wang Mang seizes power in China and establishes the short-lived Xin Dynasty.
- China invents paper, which is first used by the military.
- Ovid begins the Fasti (Festivals), 6 books that detail the first 6 months of the year and provide valuable insights into the Roman Calendar.
People of the year 8 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 8
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 8
0 people died in 8
1 people lived in 8
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 8 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 8.
There were 0 military battles in 8.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 8. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|