|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 770s 780s 790s - 800s - 810s 820s 830s
|Years:||797 798 799 - 800 - 801 802 803|
|Gregorian calendar|| 800 |
|Ab urbe condita||1553|
|Armenian calendar|| 249 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1044 – -1043|
|Coptic calendar||516 – 517|
|Ethiopian calendar||792 – 793|
|Hebrew calendar||4560 – 4561|
|- Vikram Samvat||855 – 856|
|- Shaka Samvat||722 – 723|
|- Kali Yuga||3901 – 3902|
|Iranian calendar||178 – 179|
|Islamic calendar||183 – 184|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1460|
|Thai solar calendar||1343|
- December 25, Rome, coronation of Charles the Great (Charlemagne) as emperor by Pope Leo III. This also marked the beginning of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Celtic monks begin work on the Book of Kells on the Island of Iona.
- The town of Shrewsbury, England is founded.
- Bantu-speaking people settle in present-day Zambia. (approximate date)
- The emir of Tunisia sets himself up as an independent ruler and refuses to place the caliph's name on the local coinage.
- The Arawak people settle on the island of Barbados from South America. (approximate date)
- The Beginning of the Mississippian Period in the Central North American Continent 
- The Māori started migrating to New Zealand. (approximate date)
- Abu al-Kindi, Muslim philosopher (approximate date)
- Saint Alkelda
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 800. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 800 at Familypedia
3 people were born in 800
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Rorich II of Maine (800-866)||Rorgon of Maine (c770-839)||Bilichild|
|Louis de Saint Denis (c800-867)||Rorgon of Maine (c770-839)||Rotrude (775-810)|
|Robert III of Worms (800-822)||Robert II of Hesbaye (767-807)||Theoderata (768-788)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 800
0 people died in 800
37 people lived in 800
Events of the year 800 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 800.
There were 0 military battles in 800.