|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 810s 820s 830s - 840s - 850s 860s 870s
|Years:||839 840 841 - 842 - 843 844 845|
|Gregorian calendar|| 842 |
|Ab urbe condita||1595|
|Armenian calendar|| 291 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1002 – -1001|
|Coptic calendar||558 – 559|
|Ethiopian calendar||834 – 835|
|Hebrew calendar||4602 – 4603|
|- Vikram Samvat||897 – 898|
|- Shaka Samvat||764 – 765|
|- Kali Yuga||3943 – 3944|
|Iranian calendar||220 – 221|
|Islamic calendar||227 – 228|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1502|
|Thai solar calendar||1385|
- February 14 - Charles the Bald and Louis the German sign a treaty.
- Oaths of Strasbourg — alliance of Louis the German and Charles the Bald against emperor Lothar — sworn and recorded in vernacular languages.
- Ramiro I succeeds Alfonso II as king of Asturias.
- Uurad is succeeded by Bred, then Ciniod.
- Charles the Bald marries Ermentrude.
- January 5 — Al-Mu'tasim, Abbasid caliph (b. 794)
- Emperor Saga of Japan (b. 786)
- Alfonso II of Asturias (b. 759)
- Theophilus, Byzantine Emperor (b. 813)
- Liu Yuxi, Chinese poet, philosopher, and essayist (born 772)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 842. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 842 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 842
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Rogelinde de Rouergue (c842-886)||Raimon I de Rouergue (c810-863)||Berthe de Reims (c814-?)|
2 children were born to the 1 women born in 842
0 people died in 842
70 people lived in 842
Events of the year 842 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 842.
|Charles the Bald (823-877)||Ermentrude d'Orléans (830-869)+Richildis de Provence (c845-910)|
|Ermentrude d'Orléans (830-869)||Charles the Bald (823-877)|
There were 0 military battles in 842.