Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||10th century BC - 9th century BC - 8th century BC|
|Decades:||880s BC 870s BC 860s BC - 850s BC - 840s BC 830s BC 820s BC|
|Years:|| 859 BC 858 BC 857 BC 856 BC 855 BC|
854 BC 853 BC 852 BC 851 BC 850 BC
|Categories:|| Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trendsEdit
- 859 BC — Assurnasirpal II died.
- 859 BC — Shalmaneser attacked Syria and Palestine.
- 858 BC — Aramu becomes king of Urartu.
- 858 BC — Shalmaneser III succeeds Assurnasirpal II as king of Assyria.
- 854 BC or 853 BC — Shalmaneser III battles a Syrian coalition (including king Ahab of Kingdom of Israel and Hadadezer) in the battle of Karkar.
- 850 BC — Takelot II succeeds Osorkon II as King of Egypt.
- c. 850 BC — Homer writes the Iliad and the Odyssey.
- c. 850 BC — Assurnasirpal II killing lions, from the palace complex of Assurnasirpal II in Kalhu (modern Nimrud, Iraq) is made. It is now in The British Museum, London.
- Nazarites and Rechabites establish early temperance movement.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 850s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|