|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 820s 830s 840s - 850s - 860s 870s 880s
|Years:||852 853 854 - 855 - 856 857 858|
|Gregorian calendar|| 855 |
|Ab urbe condita||1608|
|Armenian calendar|| 304 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-989 – -988|
|Coptic calendar||571 – 572|
|Ethiopian calendar||847 – 848|
|Hebrew calendar||4615 – 4616|
|- Vikram Samvat||910 – 911|
|- Shaka Samvat||777 – 778|
|- Kali Yuga||3956 – 3957|
|Iranian calendar||233 – 234|
|Islamic calendar||240 – 241|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1515|
|Thai solar calendar||1398|
- Louis II succeeds Lothar as western emperor. Two other sons, Lothar II and Charles, also get parts of the kingdom.
- The Slavic alphabet is created by the Saints Cyril and Methodius.
- Ethelwulf, king of Wessex and Bretwalda, abdicates in favor of his son Ethelbald.
- Edmund becomes king of East Anglia.
- September 29 — Pope Benedict III succeeds Pope Leo IV as the 104th pope.
- Anastasius is made anti-pope by Lothair.
- Ethelwulf grants the English churches the right to receive tithes.
- March 2 — Lothar, western emperor (b. 795)
- July 31 — Ahmad ibn Hanbal Muslim scholar. (b. 780)
- December 8 — Drogo of Metz
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 855. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 855 at Familypedia
3 people were born in 855
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 855
4 people died in 855
100 people lived in 855
Events of the year 855 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 855.
There were 0 military battles in 855.