|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 820s 830s 840s - 850s - 860s 870s 880s
|Years:||855 856 857 - 858 - 859 860 861|
|Gregorian calendar|| 858 |
|Ab urbe condita||1611|
|Armenian calendar|| 307 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-986 – -985|
|Coptic calendar||574 – 575|
|Ethiopian calendar||850 – 851|
|Hebrew calendar||4618 – 4619|
|- Vikram Samvat||913 – 914|
|- Shaka Samvat||780 – 781|
|- Kali Yuga||3959 – 3960|
|Iranian calendar||236 – 237|
|Islamic calendar||243 – 244|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1518|
|Thai solar calendar||1401|
- Louis the German invades West Francia, hoping to secure Aquitaine from his brother Charles the Bald, but fails.
- Donald I succeeds the throne of Scotland.
- Emperor Seiwa ascends the throne of Japan.
- An enormous flood along the Grand Canal of China inundates large tracts of the North China Plain, killing tens of thousands of people and adding to the further decline of the Tang Dynasty.
- April 24 — Pope Nicholas I succeeds Pope Benedict III as the 105th pope.
- Patriarch Ignatius is imprisoned and (December 25) deposed to be succeeded by patriarch Photius I.
- January 13 — King Ethelwulf of Wessex
- April 7 — Pope Benedict III
- King Kenneth I of Scotland
- Emperor Montoku of Japan (b. 827)
- Li Shangyin Chinese poet and official (b. between 810 and 813)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 858. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 858 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 858
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 858
3 people died in 858
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Leuthard II de Paris (806-858)||Begon de Paris (c757-816)||Alpaida (794-)||52|
|Kenneth I of Scotland (-858)||Alpín mac Echdach (-834)||48|
|Æthelwulf of Wessex (c795-858)||Egbert of Wessex (c769-839)||63|
97 people lived in 858
Events of the year 858 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 858.
|Judith (844-870)||Æthelwulf of Wessex (c795-858)+Æthelbald of Wessex (-860)+Baldwin I of Flanders (c835-879)|
|Æthelbald of Wessex (-860)||Judith (844-870)|
There were 0 military battles in 858.