Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 830s 840s 850s - 860s - 870s 880s 890s
|Years:||860 861 862 - 863 - 864 865 866|
|Gregorian calendar|| 863 |
|Ab urbe condita||1616|
|Armenian calendar|| 312 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-981 – -980|
|Coptic calendar||579 – 580|
|Ethiopian calendar||855 – 856|
|Hebrew calendar||4623 – 4624|
|- Vikram Samvat||918 – 919|
|- Shaka Samvat||785 – 786|
|- Kali Yuga||3964 – 3965|
|Iranian calendar||241 – 242|
|Islamic calendar||248 – 249|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1523|
|Thai solar calendar||1406|
- Constantine I succeeds as king of Scotland. (or 862)
- After the death of Charles, Lothair takes part of the Jura and Louis II takes the Provence.
- Carloman revolts against his father Louis the German a second time.
- The first written record of Smolensk
- The Tang Dynasty Chinese author Duan Chengshi writes about Chinese maritime trade in East Africa and the Arab-run slave trade there.
- Byzantine missionaries Saints Cyril and Methodius come to Great Moravia upon a request of Prince Rastislav
- Pope Nicholas I excommunicates patriarch Photius I of Constantinople.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 863. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 863 at Familypedia
3 people were born in 863
7 children were born to the 2 women born in 863
5 people died in 863
98 people lived in 863
Events of the year 863 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 863.
|Judith (844-870)||Æthelwulf of Wessex (c795-858)+Æthelbald of Wessex (-860)+Baldwin I of Flanders (c835-879)|
|Baldwin I of Flanders (c835-879)||Judith (844-870)|
There were 0 military battles in 863.