|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 830s 840s 850s - 860s - 870s 880s 890s
|Years:||865 866 867 - 868 - 869 870 871|
|868 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 868 |
|Ab urbe condita||1621|
|Armenian calendar|| 317 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-976 – -975|
|Coptic calendar||584 – 585|
|Ethiopian calendar||860 – 861|
|Hebrew calendar||4628 – 4629|
|- Vikram Samvat||923 – 924|
|- Shaka Samvat||790 – 791|
|- Kali Yuga||3969 – 3970|
|Iranian calendar||246 – 247|
|Islamic calendar||253 – 255|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1528|
|Thai solar calendar||1411|
- 11 May — Printing of The Diamond Sutra, the oldest dated printed book.
- Aghlabid dynasty of Tunisia takes Malta.
- In Metz, Charles the Bald and Louis the German decide on a division of the lands of former emperor Lothar (now in possession of Lothar II and Louis II).
- In England Alfred the Great marries Ealhswith and goes to the aid of Burgred of Mercia, who is attacked by Danes.
- Establishment of the First County of Portugal, by Vímara Peres, after the reconquest from the Moors of the region north of the Douro river.
- Aed Finliath drives invading Danes and Norwegians out of Ireland after defeating them at the Battle of Killineery.
- Ratramnus writes Contra Graecorum opposita.
- Muhammad al-Mahdi, Shia Imam
- July 1 — Ali al-Hadi, Shia Imam (b. 828)
- Al-Jahiz, an Arabic prose writer, historian, and author of works of adab, Mu'tazili theology, and politico-religious polemics (b. 776).
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 868. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 868 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 868
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Æthelwold (c868-902)||Æthelred of Wessex (c847-871)||Wulfthryth of Wessex (c840-)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 868
1 people died in 868
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Gisela (c854-868)||Louis II (c825-875)||Engelberga (?-c898)||14|
93 people lived in 868
Events of the year 868 at FamilypediaEdit
3 people were married in 868.
|Ealhswith (c852-905)||Alfred the Great (849-899)|
|Marcus Montrose Fay (1844-1933)||Kate Elizabeth Johnson (1846-1912)|
|Alfred the Great (849-899)||Ealhswith (c852-905)|
There were 0 military battles in 868.