|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 840s 850s 860s - 870s - 880s 890s 900s
|Years:||867 868 869 - 870 - 871 872 873|
|Gregorian calendar|| 870 |
|Ab urbe condita||1623|
|Armenian calendar|| 319 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-974 – -973|
|Coptic calendar||586 – 587|
|Ethiopian calendar||862 – 863|
|Hebrew calendar||4630 – 4631|
|- Vikram Samvat||925 – 926|
|- Shaka Samvat||792 – 793|
|- Kali Yuga||3971 – 3972|
|Iranian calendar||248 – 249|
|Islamic calendar||256 – 257|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1530|
|Thai solar calendar||1413|
- Prague Castle founded
- The Great Summer Army invades England and conquers East Anglia.
- Among the buildings destroyed by the Danish invaders are the abbey of Ely and the monastery of Peterborough.
- December 31 — The Danes are defeated by a Saxon army at Englefield, Berkshire. It is the first of a series of battles between Wessex and the Danes.
- Malta is conquered by Arabs from Sicily.
- Treaty of Mersen: Charles the Bald and Louis the German divide Lotharingia among themselves.
- Borivoj becomes duke of Bohemia.
- Charles the Bald marries Richilde.
- Michael II succeeds Michael I as patriarch of Alexandria
- Establishment of autonomous Bulgarian Archbishopric.
- February 28 — End of the Fourth Council of Constantinople.
- November 20 — King Edmund of East Anglia.
- al-Bukhari, Persian Hadith compiler.
- Al-Kindi, philosopher.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 870. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 870 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 870
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 870
3 people died in 870
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Judith (844-870)||Charles the Bald (823-877)||Ermentrude d'Orléans (830-869)||26|
|Asa of Judah (-870 BC)||Abijah of Judah|
|Bilichild of Maine (c820-c870)||Rorgon of Maine (c770-839)||Bilechild|
95 people lived in 870
Events of the year 870 at FamilypediaEdit
2 people were married in 870.
|Charles the Bald (823-877)||Ermentrude d'Orléans (830-869)+Richildis de Provence (c845-910)|
|Richildis de Provence (c845-910)||Charles the Bald (823-877)|
There were 0 military battles in 870.