|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 840s 850s 860s - 870s - 880s 890s 900s
|Years:||868 869 870 - 871 - 872 873 874|
|871 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 871 |
|Ab urbe condita||1624|
|Armenian calendar|| 320 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-973 – -972|
|Coptic calendar||587 – 588|
|Ethiopian calendar||863 – 864|
|Hebrew calendar||4631 – 4632|
|- Vikram Samvat||926 – 927|
|- Shaka Samvat||793 – 794|
|- Kali Yuga||3972 – 3973|
|Iranian calendar||249 – 250|
|Islamic calendar||257 – 258|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1531|
|Thai solar calendar||1414|
- Nine battles are fought between the Danes and Wessex. Of two of them the place and date are not recorded, the others were:
- Alfred the Great succeeds as king of Wessex after Ethelred's death.
- Reading, England occupied by the Norse.
- After the battle at Wilton, peace is made, with the Danes and Alfred each governing part of England.
- Rhodri Mawr ('the Great') of Gwynedd inherits Seisyllwig, thus uniting most of Wales under his rule
- Louis II captures Bari, the headquarters of the Saracens.
- Alfred makes Winchester to his capital.
- An incomplete marriage contract, dated to October 6 of this year, is the earliest dated document in the Cairo Geniza.
- Foundation of Tønsberg, the oldest surviving town in the Nordic countries.
- Svatopluk I becomes king of Great Moravia
- January 8 — King Bagsecg, Viking leader (killed at the Battle of Ashdown
- April 23 — King Ethelred of Wessex (killed in battle)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 871. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 871 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 871
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Rothilde (871-929)||Charles the Bald (823-877)||Richildis de Provence (c845-910)|
5 children were born to the 1 women born in 871
1 people died in 871
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Æthelred of Wessex (c847-871)||Æthelwulf of Wessex (c795-858)||Osburga (-bef856)||24|
96 people lived in 871
Events of the year 871 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 871.
There were 0 military battles in 871.