|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 840s 850s 860s - 870s - 880s 890s 900s
|Years:||876 877 878 - 879 - 880 881 882|
|879 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 879 |
|Ab urbe condita||1632|
|Armenian calendar|| 328 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-965 – -964|
|Coptic calendar||595 – 596|
|Ethiopian calendar||871 – 872|
|Hebrew calendar||4639 – 4640|
|- Vikram Samvat||934 – 935|
|- Shaka Samvat||801 – 802|
|- Kali Yuga||3980 – 3981|
|Iranian calendar||257 – 258|
|Islamic calendar||265 – 266|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1539|
|Thai solar calendar||1422|
- The Chinese rebel Huang Chao besieges the southern Chinese seaport at Guangzhou and slaughters much of its inhabitants of native Chinese and foreigners from around the world. His rebellion would be suppressed by 884. However, the damage he inflicted upon the authority and legitimacy of the Tang Dynasty was one of the final blows to the dynasty, the throne of which was usurped in 907.
- A synod convened at Constantinople reinstated Patriarch Photius I of Constantinople (the so-called Photian Council).
- Wilfred the Hairy, Count of Barcelona, founded the Benedictine monastery at Ripoll.
- April 10 — Louis the Stammerer, King of the West Franks
- Rurik, ruler of Novgorod
- Aed Finliath, High King of Ireland
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 879. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 879 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 879
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Charles the Simple (879-929)||Louis the Stammerer (846-879)||Adelaide de Frioul (850-901)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 879
6 people died in 879
94 people lived in 879
Events of the year 879 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 879.
There were 0 military battles in 879.