|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 850s 860s 870s - 880s - 890s 900s 910s
|Years:||881 882 883 - 884 - 885 886 887|
|Gregorian calendar|| 884 |
|Ab urbe condita||1637|
|Armenian calendar|| 333 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-960 – -959|
|Coptic calendar||600 – 601|
|Ethiopian calendar||876 – 877|
|Hebrew calendar||4644 – 4645|
|- Vikram Samvat||939 – 940|
|- Shaka Samvat||806 – 807|
|- Kali Yuga||3985 – 3986|
|Iranian calendar||262 – 263|
|Islamic calendar||270 – 271|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1544|
|Thai solar calendar||1427|
- December 12 - Charles the Fat becomes King of Western Francia, thus for the last time reuniting the Frankish kingdom.
- Frodo becomes King of Denmark
- Huang Chao rebellion suppressed by the Tang Dynasty of China with the help of the Shatuo Turks
- Emperor Yozei, emperor of Japan, is deposed and succeeded by his paternal great-uncle Emperor Kōkō.
- May 17 — Pope Adrian III (also referred to as Hadrian III) succeeds Pope Marinus I as the 109th pope.
- May 10 — Ahmad ibn Tulun, Emir of Egypt
- May 15 — Pope Marinus I
- December 12 — Carloman
- Huang Chao, Chinese rebel
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 884. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 884 at Familypedia
2 people were born in 884
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Herbert II de Vermandois (884-943)||Herbert I de Vermandois (c848-907)||Bertha de Morvois (c850-c907)|
|Heinrich von Babenberg (c884-935)||Adalbert de la Marche (?-906)||Brunhilde von Schwaben (c864-?)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 884
2 people died in 884
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Gisela (865-884)||Louis the Stammerer (846-879)||Ansgarde of Burgundy (826-c881)||19|
|Foulques I de Limoges (c840-bef884)||Raimon I de Rouergue (c810-863)||Berthe de Reims (c814-?)||44|
95 people lived in 884
Events of the year 884 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 884.
There were 0 military battles in 884.