|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 910s 920s 930s - 940s - 950s 960s 970s
|Years:||937 938 939 - 940 - 941 942 943|
|Gregorian calendar|| 940 |
|Ab urbe condita||1693|
|Armenian calendar|| 389 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-904 – -903|
|Coptic calendar||656 – 657|
|Ethiopian calendar||932 – 933|
|Hebrew calendar||4700 – 4701|
|- Vikram Samvat||995 – 996|
|- Shaka Samvat||862 – 863|
|- Kali Yuga||4041 – 4042|
|Iranian calendar||318 – 319|
|Islamic calendar||328 – 329|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1600|
|Thai solar calendar||1483|
- Saadia Gaon compiles his siddur (Jewish prayer book) in Iraq.
- Narita-san temple founded in Chiba, Japan.
- Liao Dynasty abolishes requirement that a younger sister replace an older sister who died in marriage.
- Oldest known Danish King, Gorm the Old
- Abu'l-Wafa, Iranian mathematician
- Brian Boru, high king of Ireland
- Géza, fejedelem of the Magyars (approximate date)
- ar-Radi (Caliph of Baghdad)
- Ibn Muqlah, Islamic callligrapher (b. 886)
- Taira no Masakado, leader of the Taira clan
People of the year 940 at Familypedia
13 people were born in 940
20 children were born to the 6 women born in 940
3 people died in 940
177 people lived in 940
Events of the year 940 at FamilypediaEdit
4 people were married in 940.
There were 0 military battles in 940.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 940. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|