|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 930s 940s 950s - 960s - 970s 980s 990s
|Years:||957 958 959 - 960 - 961 962 963|
|Gregorian calendar|| 960 |
|Ab urbe condita||1713|
|Armenian calendar|| 409 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-884 – -883|
|Coptic calendar||676 – 677|
|Ethiopian calendar||952 – 953|
|Hebrew calendar||4720 – 4721|
|- Vikram Samvat||1015 – 1016|
|- Shaka Samvat||882 – 883|
|- Kali Yuga||4061 – 4062|
|Iranian calendar||338 – 339|
|Islamic calendar||348 – 349|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1620|
|Thai solar calendar||1503|
- Edgar the Peaceable crowned King of England. Dunstan became Archbishop of Canterbury and Edgar's chief adviser. He reformed monasteries and enforced the rule of St Benedict: Poverty, Chastity and Obedience for monks. He attempted to impose celibacy on the secular clergy without noticeable success. Dunstan actively encouraged the Danes to integrate with the English.
- Mieszko I becomes ruler in Poland
- St Dunstan's was founded.
- Richard I of Normandy marries Emma of Paris
- The Song Dynasty came to power in China when Zhao Kuangyin usurps the Later Zhou Dynasty throne.
- Sviatoslav I of Kiev conquers the Khazars imperial power.
- Nicephorus II captures Crete
- Aimoin, French chronicler (d. 1010)
- Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire (d. 1028)
- Theophanu a Greek princess who became Empress (d. 991)
- Sweyn I of Denmark (d. 1014)
- Gershom ben Judah (d. ??)
- Matsu Taoist goddess of the Sea.
- Olof of Sweden born (approx) (d. 1020-1021)
- Arnulf II (d. 988)
- Bagrat III (d. 1014)
- Seongjong of Goryeo (d. 997)
People of the year 960 at Familypedia
19 people were born in 960
13 children were born to the 5 women born in 960
8 people died in 960
234 people lived in 960
Events of the year 960 at FamilypediaEdit
8 people were married in 960.
There were 0 military battles in 960.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 960. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|