|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 930s 940s 950s - 960s - 970s 980s 990s
|Years:||966 967 968 - 969 - 970 971 972|
|969 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 969 |
|Ab urbe condita||1722|
|Armenian calendar|| 418 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-875 – -874|
|Coptic calendar||685 – 686|
|Ethiopian calendar||961 – 962|
|Hebrew calendar||4729 – 4730|
|- Vikram Samvat||1024 – 1025|
|- Shaka Samvat||891 – 892|
|- Kali Yuga||4070 – 4071|
|Iranian calendar||347 – 348|
|Islamic calendar||358 – 359|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1629|
|Thai solar calendar||1512|
- Fatimids conquer Egypt and move their capital from Kairouan (in modern Tunisia) to Fustat, subsequently founding a new capital city just north of Fustat, and naming it Cairo.
- Emperor En'yū succeeds Emperor Reizei on the throne of Japan.
- Jing Zong succeeds Mu Zong in Khitan.
- Nicephorus II captures Antioch from the Arabs.
- Uththama Chola becomes the Chola Emperor after the mysterious death of Aditya Karikalan (also known as Aditya Chola II). He rules for 16 years. Arulmolivarman becomes heir apparent who later becomes the great Rajaraja Chola I
- January 29 — Peter I of Bulgaria.
- July 11 — Olga of Kiev.
- Harald II of Norway.
- Nicephorus II, murdered by John I Tzimisces, Theophano's lover.
- Emperor Muzong of Liao (murdered).
People of the year 969 at Familypedia
5 people were born in 969
4 children were born to the 2 women born in 969
2 people died in 969
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Munio of Castile (941-968)||Fernán González of Castile (?-970)||Sancha of Pamplona (c900-959)||28|
|Gerberga von Sachsen (913-969)||Heinrich von Sachsen (876-936)||Matilda von Ringelheim (c895-968)||56|
223 people lived in 969
Events of the year 969 at FamilypediaEdit
1 people were married in 969.
|Hugh Capet (c940-996)||Adelaide of Aquitaine (c945-1004)|
There were 0 military battles in 969.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 969. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|