|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 940s 950s 960s - 970s - 980s 990s 1000s
|Years:||969 970 971 - 972 - 973 974 975|
|Gregorian calendar|| 972 |
|Ab urbe condita||1725|
|Armenian calendar|| 421 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-872 – -871|
|Coptic calendar||688 – 689|
|Ethiopian calendar||964 – 965|
|Hebrew calendar||4732 – 4733|
|- Vikram Samvat||1027 – 1028|
|- Shaka Samvat||894 – 895|
|- Kali Yuga||4073 – 4074|
|Iranian calendar||350 – 351|
|Islamic calendar||361 – 362|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1632|
|Thai solar calendar||1515|
- Otto II marries Theophanu, Byzantine princess.
- Battle of Cedynia — Polish duke Mieszko I defeats Germans.
- Boleslaus II the Pious succeeds Boleslav I of Bohemia in Bohemia.
- The monastery at the site of Peterborough Cathedral is rebuilt.
- Emperor John Tzimisces makes eastern Bulgaria a Byzantine dependency.
- A battle between Estonian and Icelandic vikings in Saaremaa described in Njál's saga.
- Fatimids enter Egypt, establish the city of Cairo and the Al-Azhar mosque.
- Buluggin ibn Ziri appointed viceroy in Ifriqiya, start of the Zirid dynasty
- March 27 — King Robert II of France (d. 1031)
- Ermesinde of Carcassonne, countess and regent of Barcelona (d. 1057)
- Fujiwara no Yukinari
- Fulk III of Anjou
- Pope Gregory V
- Henry II
- Renauld I
- July 15 — Boleslav I of Bohemia
- September 6 — Pope John XIII
- Liutprand, bishop of Cremona and historian
- Sviatoslav I
People of the year 972 at Familypedia
7 people were born in 972
12 children were born to the 2 women born in 972
5 people died in 972
250 people lived in 972
Events of the year 972 at FamilypediaEdit
5 people were married in 972.
There were 0 military battles in 972.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 972. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|