|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 940s 950s 960s - 970s - 980s 990s 1000s
|Years:||974 975 976 - 977 - 978 979 980|
|Gregorian calendar|| 977 |
|Ab urbe condita||1730|
|Armenian calendar|| 426 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-867 – -866|
|Coptic calendar||693 – 694|
|Ethiopian calendar||969 – 970|
|Hebrew calendar||4737 – 4738|
|- Vikram Samvat||1032 – 1033|
|- Shaka Samvat||899 – 900|
|- Kali Yuga||4078 – 4079|
|Iranian calendar||355 – 356|
|Islamic calendar||366 – 367|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1637|
|Thai solar calendar||1520|
- Saint Æthelwold of Winchester, Bishop of Winchester, rebuilds the western end of the Old Minster, with twin towers and no apses.
- German emperor Otto II grants Lower Lorraine, where modern-day Brussels is located, to Charles, illegitimate son of King Louis IV of France.
- King Kenneth II of Scotland kills Amlaíb, brother of King Culen, to establish himself as Culen's successor.
- The original Imam Ali Mosque is built at Najaf, Iraq by Iranian ruler the Daylamite Fannakhosraw Azod ad Dowleh.
- Hunain ibn Ishaq, Egyptian physician
- Dubrawka, daughter of Duke Boleslav I of Bohemia
- Fujiwara no Kanemichi, a kugyo of the Heian period of Japan who served as Kampaku
People of the year 977 at Familypedia
8 people were born in 977
3 children were born to the 4 women born in 977
3 people died in 977
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Ebalus of Aquitaine (?-977)||Ebalus of Aquitaine (c870-935)||Emilienne|
|Gisulfo di Salerno (930-977)||Guaimario II di Salerno (?-946)||Gaitelgrima de Benevent (?-?)||47|
|Albert of Flanders (?-977)||Baldwin II of Flanders (c865-918)|
275 people lived in 977
Events of the year 977 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 977.
There were 0 military battles in 977.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 977. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|