|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 940s 950s 960s - 970s - 980s 990s 1000s
|Years:||975 976 977 - 978 - 979 980 981|
|978 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar|| 978 |
|Ab urbe condita||1731|
|Armenian calendar|| 427 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-866 – -865|
|Coptic calendar||694 – 695|
|Ethiopian calendar||970 – 971|
|Hebrew calendar||4738 – 4739|
|- Vikram Samvat||1033 – 1034|
|- Shaka Samvat||900 – 901|
|- Kali Yuga||4079 – 4080|
|Iranian calendar||356 – 357|
|Islamic calendar||367 – 368|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1638|
|Thai solar calendar||1521|
- Badìa Fiorentina, an abbey in Florence, Italy, is founded by Willa.
- Ethelred II becomes king of England at age 10, following the assassination of his half-brother King Edward the Martyr.
- Revolt of Henry II against Otto II ends.
- Wu-Yue State forced to surrender to the Chinese Song Dynasty
- One of the Four Great Books of Song, the Tàipíng guǎngjì is a Chinese encyclopedia documenting various stories of Chinese myths and subjects of theology. Divided into 500 volumes, it consisted of over 3 million written Chinese characters.
- Princess Zoe of Byzantium, later Empress of the Eastern Roman Empire
- Yaroslav I the Wise, prince of Novgorod and Kiev
- March 18 — King Edward the Martyr of England, murdered by supporters of his half-brother
- Abraham of Alexandria, Coptic pope
- Li Houzhu, last Chinese emperor of the Southern Tang (born 936)
People of the year 978 at Familypedia
4 people were born in 978
3 children were born to the 1 women born in 978
6 people died in 978
264 people lived in 978
Events of the year 978 at FamilypediaEdit
1 people were married in 978.
|Gerberga de Bourgogne (965-1019)||Hermann von Werl (?-985)+Hermann II von Schwaben (?-1003)|
There were 0 military battles in 978.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 978. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|