|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| 60s 70s 80s - 90s - 100s 110s 120s
|Years:||95 96 97 - 98 - 99 100 101|
|Gregorian calendar|| 98 |
|Ab urbe condita||851|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1746 – -1745|
|Coptic calendar||-186 – -185|
|Ethiopian calendar||90 – 91|
|Hebrew calendar||3858 – 3859|
|- Vikram Samvat||153 – 154|
|- Shaka Samvat||20 – 21|
|- Kali Yuga||3199 – 3200|
|Iranian calendar||524 BP – 523 BP|
|Islamic calendar||540 BH – 539 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 758|
|Thai solar calendar||641|
- January 27 — Nerva is succeeded by Trajan.
- Trajan is the first Roman Emperor born in a Roman province (Italica, near Seville). A brilliant soldier and administrator, he enters Rome without ceremony, and wins over the public. Continuing the policies of Augustus, Vespasian and Nerva, he restores the Senate to its full status in the government. He has a specific vision of the Empire, and keeps a close watch on finances. Taxes, without any increase, are sufficient during his reign to pay the considerable costs of the budget.
- The informers used by Domitian to support his tyranny are expelled from Rome.
- In order to maintain the Port of Alexandria, Trajan reopens the canal between the Nile and the Red Sea.
- Carrying out an idea of Nerva's, Trajan begins a form of state welfare aimed at assuring that poor children are fed and taken care of.
Arts and SciencesEdit
- January 27 — Nerva, Roman emperor
- Apollonius of Tyana, Greek/Roman philosopher and mathematician (b. 2)
People of the year 98 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 98
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 98
0 people died in 98
3 people lived in 98
|Marcomir IV der Franken (aft91-149)||Odomir der Franken (aft76-c128)|
|Odomir der Franken (aft76-c128)||Richemer der Franken (aft59-bef114)||Ascyla|
|Richemer der Franken (aft59-bef114)||Ratherius der Franken (aft42-bef90)|
Events of the year 98 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 98.
There were 0 military battles in 98.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 98. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|