|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 950s 960s 970s - 980s - 990s 1000s 1010s
|Years:||978 979 980 - 981 - 982 983 984|
|Gregorian calendar|| 981 |
|Ab urbe condita||1734|
|Armenian calendar|| 430 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-863 – -862|
|Coptic calendar||697 – 698|
|Ethiopian calendar||973 – 974|
|Hebrew calendar||4741 – 4742|
|- Vikram Samvat||1036 – 1037|
|- Shaka Samvat||903 – 904|
|- Kali Yuga||4082 – 4083|
|Iranian calendar||359 – 360|
|Islamic calendar||370 – 371|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1641|
|Thai solar calendar||1524|
- The great Viking explorer Eric the Red left Norway to survey an island west of Iceland. He found land and he named it Greenland. Hundreds of land-starved Vikings boarded longships and headed west for this so-called "Greenland."
- The first ever Mahamasthakabhisheka of the sacred 57 feet high monolithic statue of Lord Bahubali was performed in 981 A.D.
- The majestic Gommateshwara statue built by Chavundaraya in 981 AD
- Invasion of Byzantine by Bulgarians in 981-996AD.
- First commercially sold special soap for shaving. Sold for 3 Dirhams (0.3 Dinars).
- Adalbert of Magdeburg
- Gyeongjong of Goryeo
- Olaf Cuaran
- Pandulf Ironhead
- Xue Juzheng, noted Chinese historian
People of the year 981 at Familypedia
6 people were born in 981
8 children were born to the 1 women born in 981
3 people died in 981
286 people lived in 981
Events of the year 981 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 981.
There were 1 military battles in 981.
|Battle of Torrevicente||9 July 981 JL|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 981. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|