1752 in Frederick County, Virginia, United States to Moses McKay (c1720-1777) and Mary Job (1730-c1780) and died 7 May 1823 in Cocke County, Tennessee, United States of unspecified causes. He married Rachel O'Dell (c1755-1800) 17 March 1777 in Cocke County, Tennessee, United States. Ancestors are from the United States, Scotland, England.Abraham McKay was born
- 1783 -Shenandoah Co. VA Census -10 Whites, 2 Blacks
- 1793 -May 9; Nominated Justice of the Peace for Jefferson Co., TN where he served for several years
- 1771 -April 11; Abraham joined the Baptists Church and was disowned from the Quakers.
- 1787 -Dec 6: Abraham and Rachel McKay were founding members of Big Pigeon Baptist Church at Kendrick's Creek on French Broad and Big Pigeon rivers (present-day Cocke Co., TN - at this time this was part of N.C) Others who signed the constitution at this time included: Wiliam Whitson, David Job, Elizabeth Whitson, Mourning Prier, Mourning Denton, Mary White and Darcus Job.
- 1789-1822 -Abraham McKay was clerk at Big Pigeon for 36 years and was several times a delegate and wrote various letters. He resigned in 1823 due to old age and his son, Jeremiah took over the clercial duties.