Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|View category for people with the Acheson surname|
|Meaning:||son of Atkin|
In Scotland the name is more usually rendered as Acheson, while it is more usually found rendered as Atkinson in England, where it is particularly common in the north. In Ireland the name is common only in Ulster and particularly in counties Antrim and Down. Some Atkinsons are descended from Planters, although the name was recorded in Ireland before that period.
- Archibald Acheson, 2nd Earl of Gosford (1776-1849)
- Carrie Acheson (1934), Irish politician
- Dean Acheson (1893-1971), American statesman and lawyer
- Donald Acheson (1926), British physician
- Edward Goodrich Acheson (1856-1931), American chemist and inventor
- Ernest F. Acheson (1855-1917), American politician and newspaper editor
- James Acheson, actor
- John Acheson (-1998), British actor
- Kenny Acheson (1957), British Formula One driver
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Acheson (surname). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|