Vital Statistics Edit
- Son of Joseph Warren (1784-1865) and Sally Green
- 1813-Sep-01 : Birth at Leicester, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
- 1839-May : 1st Marriage - Eunice Alden Arnold (1818-1861) - Eldest daughter of Alfred Arnold (from Greenwich RI ?) and Bethiah Alden
- 1855-56 : Elected Mayor of Lawrence MA.
- 1864-Jun : 2nd Marriage - Eliza A Arnold (1819-?) - Sister of Eunice
- 1889-Jan-30 : Death at Warren, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
The wives of Albert (Eunice and Eliza) were sisters and great descendants of Mayflower pilgrims - John and Priscilla Alden made famous in Longfellow's poem the Courtship of Myles Standish). Eunice died in July 1861 in Leicester. Both Eunice and Eliza appear to be from Enfield, MA. No known children from either marriage.
Albert was educated at the public schools at the academy in Leicester, MA. He settled first in Enfield, MA where he remained for several years.
Mayor of Lawrence MassEdit
In 1850 he removed to Lawrence, MA where he was a manufacturere of machine card clothing. He was a member of the first Board of Aldermen, and was elected Mayor of the city in 1855 and again in 1856.
Albert retired from business in 1872 on account of ill-health, and in 1882 removed to Warren, Mass. where he ever after lived. He was a Republican in politics and in religion an orthodox Congregationalist. He died suddenly of heart failure, 30 Jan 1889.
- Source-Google Books: Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memors relating to the Families of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Vol III, pg 1049-50.
- Genealogies of the Early Settlers of Watertown,Mass. ;Henry Bond: 1855. Pg 620.
- Source-Google Books: Historic Homes, Institutions, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Worcester County Massachussetts, Vol II - Pg 251-253.
- Source-Google Books: Wheeler and Warren Families Descendants by Henry Warren Wheeler - 1890.