| ¢ Children
- "Helen or Jean" married Andrew or James Renwick, 1 June 1814 at Lesmahagow, producing children Andrew, Alexander, and Marion in Lanarkshire.
- Agnes married John Brown, 9 July 1824 at Lesmahagow; son Alexander had 5 children while son John had 6.
- Alice married James or Andrew Bell; their daughter Annie married James K Percy and the family are thought to have been in Connellsville, Pennsylvania.
- James was probably born in 1804 although a descendant was sure it was 1800
- Grace married Robert Swan; their daughter Jean married William (?) Crider, producing children John, Robert, and Grace; another daughter (recently identified as "Marien") married a Mr Will Lyons, producing children Will, Samuel, Robert, Janet, Jean, and Annie; a son John was responsible for children Robert, Grace, Mary, Annie, Janet, John.
- Most of the above ended up somewhere in Pennsylvania (where James might have gone if he had not dallied in Newfoundland). Alexander, apparently unmarried, was in the household of brother-in-law Robert Swan at the 1850 census in Allegheny, PA. (census image very faint and not well transcribed!).
- Nearly all of the descendant information was in a letter to a New Zealand relative setting out the various generations but with no mention of husbands' names, no dates, and scant information about places. Some tied up moderately well with IGI and other records. At least one descendant of a line other than the Pattersons (Diana Flanagan) has been contacted.