Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
15 November 1818 in Illinois, United States to Samuel Bennett Jones (1786-1853) and Sarah Agnes Robertson (1782-1845) and died 14 November 1863 in Atchison County, Missouri, United States of unspecified causes. He married Candis Elizabeth Langston (c1828-bef 1854) 6 June 1844 in Buchanan County, Missouri, United States. He married Elizabeth M. Gore (1833-1868) 5 March 1854 . Ancestors are from the United States.Alexander Jones was born
|Offspring of Alexander Jones and Candis Elizabeth Langston (c1828-bef 1854)|
|Sampson Langston Jones (c1847-bef 1893)|| |
|Grace Wilmoth Jones (1849-1913)|| |
|Thomas J Jones (c1851-?)|| |
|John Butler Jones (1853-1945)|
Sources & Notes
- United States Census:
- 1840 Possibly with his father in Morgan County, Illinois
- 1850 Atchison County, Missouri (see below)
- 1860 Polk Township, Atchison County, Missouri (see below)
- 12-1-1851 Atchison County, Missouri - Bought 40 acres, 65N, 41W, Sec10, NWSW
- 10-1-1852 Atchison County, Missouri - Bought 80 acres, 65N, 41W, Sec9, W1/2 NE
- 10-1-1852 Atchison County, Missouri - Bought 40 acres, 65N, 41W, Sec10, SWSE
- 1 Mar 1853 - Mentioned in the will of his father.
- 10-2-1854 Atchison County, Missouri - Bought 40 acres, 65N, 41W, Sec 10, SESW
- 9-1-1856 Atchison County, Missouri - Bought 40 acres, 65N, 41W, Sec 10, NESW
- 1893 mentioned in the Estate of Malcolm Robertson (1798-1892)
- 1st Marriage: "This is to certify that Alexander Jones of Holt county was married to Candis Elizabeth Langston of Buchanan County. MO June the 6th 1844, David C Montgomery, Justice of the Peace. The last certificate above was deposited for record on the 24th day of August 1844. William Fowler, Recorder"
- Date of Birth taken from the Jones/Potter/James Family Bible.