Alexander S Brooks (1781-1836) AKA Alexander Scammell Brooks
Vital Statistics Edit
- Son of Governor John Brooks (1752-1825) and Lucy Smith
- Born 19 Oct 1781
- Married Sarah Turner, 28 May 1817, at Medford, MA
- Died 19 Dec 1836 in steamboat explosion off Florida Coast at St John's Bar.
- Obtained Army commission, 1st Lieutenant of Artillery, 1808
- Captain in Third Artillery, 1812
- brevet major for gallantry at Battle of Plattsburg, Sep 2-9, 1814.
- Major in Third Artillery, 1832
- Lieutenant Colonel in Fourth Artillery, 1835
- 1. Lucy Brooks 1818A, born 25 Mar 1818 and married Hon. Edward L Keyes of Dedham on 30 May 1843.
- 2. John Brooks, born 18 Jun 1820, died as midshipman in US Navy 4 Jun 1843.
- see Brook's History of Medford pp 198-200
- Historic Places, Homes and Genealogical Memoirs of Middlesex Co, MA, Publ 1908, Vol I, pg 5 (Google Books)