- Sex : Female
- Born: Abt [[ | ]], 1319 at Helmsley Castle, North Ride Yorkshire, England
- Died: Bef Jul 4, 1344 at Whorlton, Stokesley, Yorkshire, England at years
- Sibling: Margaret De Ros (Abt 1323-?)
- Sibling: Alice De Ros (Abt 1319-Bef 1344)
- Sibling: Elizabeth De Ros (Abt 1325-Aft 1380)
- Sibling: Maud De Ros (Abt 1328-1388)
- Sibling: William De Ros (1329-Bef 1352)
- Sibling: Thomas De Ros (1336-1384)
Alice de Ros, d. bef. 4 July 1344; m. Sir Nicholas de Meinill, under age 23 Aug 1322, d. bef. 20 Nov 1341, 1st Lord Meinill of Whorlton. [Magna Charta Sureties]
Something is probably wrong with Margery de Badlesmere's and/or Alice de Ros's and/or Elizabeth de Meinill's birth date(s).
Alice's mother is born 1306. Alice's daughter is born 1331. With a 25 year gap this leaves only a 1318/9 birth date for Alice where someone is born of a 12 year old mother and the other a 13 year old.. Mother & daughter dates are both sourced by AR, while Alice's is not.
He [Nicholas de Meinill] married Alice, daughter of William de Ros, of Helmsley [LORD Ros]. He died s.p.m. before 20 November 1341. His widow's dower was ordered to be assigned 30 April 1342, and at the request of John Darcy the younger she had licence to marry whom she would. She appears to have died before 4 July 1344. [Complete Peerage VIII:632-4, XIV:472, (transcribed by Dave Utzinger)]
- VIII:632-4 Complete Peerage of England Scotland Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, by G. E Cokayne, Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000
- 54-35 Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists, 7th Edition, by Frederick Lewis Weis, additions by Walter Lee Shippard Jr., 1999
- 33-8 Magna Charta Sureties 1215, Frederick Lewis Weis, additions by Walter Lee Sheppard Jr, 5th Edition, 1999