Alvin Jensen (1899-1986) was also known as Ab Jensen. He worked as a clerk at Continental and Commercial National Bank in 1917 and later was a worker at Brach's Candy. (b. July 18, 1899, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA - d. July 1986, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona, 85018, USA) Social Security Number 335056773.
Alvin was born at home with a midwife, which may contribute to the problem of determining his correct birthday.
- Mary Marie Jensen (1883-1969) aka Marie Jensen, who married Albert Rath (1881-1950) and later married Nels Hemwall (1875-1965)
- Thea Jensen (1885-1910) who married Max Caro (1882-c1920)
- Leif Jensen (1886-1955) who married Agnes Hansen (1890-1965)
- Leonard Andrew Jensen (1887-1979) who married Gertrude Louise Brock (1892-1944)
- Josetta Dorothy Jensen (1889-1940) aka Dolly Jensen, who married William J. Gogerty (1893-1939)
- Margerite Jensen (1891-1986) aka Daisy Jensen, who married Francis Joseph Woods (1891-1972) aka Frank Woods
- Sally Jensen (1893-1965) aka Goldie Jensen, who married William Holm (1891-1983)
- Eleanor Margaret Jensen (1897-1987) who married Mahlon Edward Shanahan (1900-1993)
In the 1917 Chicago City Directory Alvin is listed as working as a clerk at the Continental and Commercial National Bank, and living at 4940 West Austin Avenue.
World War I Edit
Alvin registered for the draft for World War I on September 12, 1918 while he was living at 4940 West Austin Avenue in Chicago. He listed his birthday as "July 18, 1900", not the "July 18, 1899", which is the birth recorded by Social Security.
Alvin married Helen Mae Baldwin (1907-1998) around 1929.
Alvin worked at Brach's Candy in Chicago, as did his wife.
He retired to Arizona where he died in 1986. His widow returned to Chicago after his death.
Memories about Alvin JensenEdit
- Maureen Elizabeth Donahue (1937- ) said: "Alvin was friends with his first cousin Otto Perry Winblad (1902-1977), and he visited him in New Jersey, and they exchanged letters which may still exist in Chicago."