Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|— district —|
|• Total||4,690 km2 (1,810 sq mi)|
|• Density||400/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Anand District is an administrative district of Gujarat state in western India. It was carved out of the Kheda district in 1997. Anand is the administrative headquarters of the district. It is bounded by Kheda District to the north, Vadodara District to the east, Ahmedabad District to the west, and the Gulf of Cambay to the south. The district had a population of 1,856,872 of which 27.36% were urban as of 2001. Major towns are Khambhat, Tarapur, Petlad and Sojitra.
According to the 2011 census Anand district has a population of 2,090,276, roughly equal to the nation of Macedonia or the US state of New Mexico. This gives it a ranking of 219th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 711 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,840 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 12.57 %. Anand has a sex ratio of 921 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 85.79 %.
Points of interestEdit
- Anand City - Information of Anand District, the Anand Information Site
- Anand City - birthplace of Tribhuvandas Patel. - Founder of Anand Milk Union Limited and Cooperative movement.
- Amul - Origin of Operation Flood, the White Revolution of India
- Extension Education Institute, Anand. - Regional Training Institute for Agricultiral Extension Functionaries of government lines Departments. Dr. A C Patel (Extension Education Institute, Anand)
- Anand Agricultural University
- Dr. Arunachalam Rajarathinam Department of Agricultural Statistics Anand Agricultural University
- Karamsad - birthplace of Sardar Patel. Famous for Pramukh Swami Medical College.
- Karamsad (Map)  (Kiran Patel - Laodon)
- Khambhat - a historic and ancient port in the bay of Khambhat, known for its trade with foreign countries.
- Dakor - Hindu temple of Lord Ranchodrai a form of Krishna.
- Pavagadh Fort - This is not in Anand district but in the nearby Panchmahal distrcit. Ruins of the fort have been designated a world heritage site by UNESCO.
- Bhadran - was given nickname "Paris of Gaekwad state" due to its prosperity and civil works carried by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III about one century ago.
- Changa Charotar University of Science & Technology
- Charotar University of Science and Technology (CHARUSAT)
- Sardar Patel University- One of the well known universities in India. Located in Vallabh Vidyanagar in Anand District
- Anand known as a Milk City as Asia's Largest dairy located.
- ^ 
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Macedonia 2,077,328 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "New Mexico - 2,059,179"
- ^ 
- ^ 
|Ahmedabad district||Vadodara district|
|Gulf of Khambhat||Bharuch district|
|This article about a location in Anand district, Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Anand district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|