Andrew Woodbury Duty (1804-1885) - Ocp Brickmaker
Vital Statistics Edit
- Son of Ebenezer Duty (1782-1852) and Sarah Warren (1784-1818)
- 1804-Sep-18 : Birth in Acworth NH.
- 1828-Nov-17 : Married Elizabeth Havens (1809-1886) on 17 Nov 1828 at Waterville, NY.
- 1885-Apr-08 : Died at Cuyahoga Co, Ohio
1880 US Census - Living in Cleveland OH with wife. Ocp Brickmaker. See Warren Family History Project online. Andrew Duty, Sr., came to Cleveland in 1830, five years later than his brother Daniel, and settled in the East End on a farm afterward known as the "Streator" farm. He ran a large brickyard for many years. His wife was Miss Elisabeth Havens of Oneida Co., N. Y.
Also listed in Ohio death records - died 8-Apr-1885 - ocp. Brickmaker.
Children of Andrew Duty and Eliza Havens Edit
- Edwin Duty (b. 1830) - M. Naomi Meeker
- Daniel Duty (b. 1835) - m. Sarah Lowellin Cozad - 4 children - see 1880 US Census - living w 2 children, wife and mother-in-law (Sally Cozad, age 75) in Cleveland, Cayuhoga, OH
- Andrew Duty Jr, (b. 1833) - Served in West Virginia 14th Regiment in Civil War, POW at Camp Anderson.- born 5/12/1833 and died 9/12/1910 (?) in Oakland, MD. However he shows up in the 1920 US Census and 1900 US Census living at the National Military Home in Montgomery, OH.
- William Duty (b1837) - Listing per 1870 US Census.
- 1880 US Census - living (Age 75) in Cleveland OH with Wife (Age 71) - occupation is brickmaker.
- Possible listing on 1870 US Census (age 65) with Eliza and two children - occupation is undertaker - living with sons Andrew (age 37) and Willie (Age 33).