Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anna Josette Theodora Jensen (1890-1940) aka Dolly Jensen, aka Josette Dorothy Jensen; Housewife (b. October 01, 1888, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA - d. March 27, 1940, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA)
She was born on October 1, 1888 in Chicago, Illinois as "Anna Josette Theodora Jensen". Her father was working as a baker at the time.
- Mary Marie Jensen (1883-1969) aka Marie Jensen, who married Albert Rath (1881-1950) and later married Nels Hemwall (1875-1965)
- Thea Jensen (1885-1910) who married Max Caro (1882-1920)
- Leif Jensen (1886-1955) who married Agnes Hansen (1890-1965)
- Leonard A. Jensen (1887-1979) who married Gertrude Louise Brock (1892-1944)
- Margerite Jensen (1891-1986) aka Daisy Jensen, who married Francis Joseph Woods (1891-1972) aka Frank Woods
- Sally Jensen (1893-1965) aka Goldie Jensen, who married William Holm (1891-1983)
- Eleanor Margaret Jensen (1897-1987) who married Mahlon Edward Shanahan (1900-1993)
- Alvin Jensen (1900-1986) who married Helen Mae Baldwin (1907-1998)
Dolly married William Joseph Gogerty (1893-1939) who was an accountant at the Bell Telephone Company.
They had two children:
- Dorothy Helen Gogerty (1918-1996) who became a nun, left the order and married Salvator David Settecase (1919-1973) and adopted many children
- Donald Patrick Gogerty (1919-1967) who was wounded in the Korean War.
Memories about Dolly JensenEdit
- Daisy Lorraine Holm (1926- ) writes: "Her husband died of a heart attack and she died a year later of a broken heart."
Josette's obituary was published in the Chicago Tribune and reads as follows:
Josette Gogerty, nee Dody [sic], March 27, 1940, of 1321 Touhy Avenue, wife of the late William J., mother of Donald P., and Dorothy H., sister of Mrs. Louise Hemwall, Mrs. Daisy Woods, Mrs. Goldie Holm, Mrs. Eleanore Shanahan, Leif, Leonard, and Alvin Jensen. Resting at funeral home, 318-320 North Central Avenue, Austin. Funeral Saturday, 1:30 p.m. Interment All Saints.
Josette died in 1940 and her Illinois death certificate number was "9504"
She was buried at All Saints Cemetery.