Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Anne Neville's first husband, Humphrey Stafford, Earl of Stafford (1402-1460), was a major English military commander and died in the War of the Roses.
Family of Humphrey Stafford and Anne Neville
Humphrey Stafford married Lady Anne Neville, daughter of Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland and Lady Joan de Beaufort, before 18 October 1424, They had the following children:
- Humphrey Stafford, Earl of Stafford (1424-1458) - Married Margaret Beaufort, Countess of Stafford, daughter of Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset and Eleanor Beauchamp. He died of the plague prior to his father's death. They were parents of Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham.
- Henry Stafford (1425–1471) - Third husband of Lady Margaret Beaufort, daughter of John Beaufort, 1st Duke of Somerset and Margaret Beauchamp. Margaret Beaufort had previously been married to Edmund Tudor, the eldest half-brother of Henry VI, and had given birth to the future Henry VII two months after Edmund's death. She and Henry Stafford had no children together.
- John Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire (1427-1473) - Married Constance Green. They were the parents of Edward Stafford, 2nd Earl of Wiltshire.
- Edward Stafford
- Margaret Stafford (1435-1475) - in 1455 Married Robert Dunham (b1430 in Devonshire).
- Catherine Stafford (1437 – 26 December 1476). Married John Talbot, 3rd Earl of Shrewsbury.
- George Stafford (born 1439). Twin brother of William Stafford.
- William Stafford (born 1439). Twin brother of George Stafford.
- Joan Stafford (1442–1484). Married first William Beaumont and secondly William Knyvett.
- Anne Stafford (1446–1472). Married first Aubrey de Vere, son of John de Vere, 12th Earl of Oxford. She married secondly Thomas Cobham, 5th Baron Cobham.
|Offspring of Anne Neville and Humphrey Stafford, Earl of Stafford (1402-1460)|
|Humphrey Stafford, Earl of Stafford (1424-1458)||<year not a number>||<year not a number>|| Margaret Beaufort (c1427-1474)|
|Henry Stafford (?-1481)|| |
|John Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire (1427-1473)|| |
|Edward Stafford (?-?)|| |
|Catherine Stafford (1437-1476)||<year not a number>||<year not a number>|| John Talbot, 3rd Earl of Shrewsbury (1448-1473)|
|George Stafford (1439-?)|| |
|William Stafford (1439-?)|| |
|Joan Stafford (1442-1484)|| |
|Anne Stafford (1446-1472)|| |
|Margaret Stafford (?-?)|