Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There have been two creations of baronets with the surname Arbuthnot, both in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom and both still extant.
Arbuthnot Baronets of Edinburgh (1823)Edit
The Arbuthnot Baronetcy of Edinburgh was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom 3 March 1823 for Sir William Arbuthnot, Provost of Edinburgh. The coat of arms of this baronet includes supporters.
- Sir William Arbuthnot, 1st Baronet (1766-1829)
- Sir Robert Keith Arbuthnot, 2nd Baronet (1801-1873). Married Anne Fitzgerald after whom Lady Arbuthnot's Chamber is named.
- Sir William Wedderburn Arbuthnot, 3rd Baronet (1831-1889)
- Sir Robert Keith Arbuthnot, 4th Baronet (1864-1916)
- Sir Dalrymple Arbuthnot, 5th Baronet (1867-1941)
- Sir Robert Dalrymple Arbuthnot, 6th Baronet (1919-1944)
- Sir Hugh Fitzgerald Arbuthnot, 7th Baronet (1922-1983)
- Sir Keith Robert Charles Arbuthnot, 8th Baronet (1951) was educated at Wellington College and Edinburgh University.
Coat of armsEdit
- Arms: azure, a crescent between three mullets, two and one, argent; the whole within a bordure or, charged with three boars' heads couped gules.
- Crest: a peacock's head proper.
- Supporters: dexter, a wyvern vert vomiting flames; sinister, a greyhound argent, collared and line reflexed over the back gules.
- Motto: Innocent and true.
Arbuthnot Baronets of Kittybrewster (1964)Edit
The Arbuthnot Baronetcy of Kittybrewster in the County of the City of Aberdeen was created in the Baronetage of the United Kingdom 26 February 1964 for John Sinclair Wemyss Arbuthnot, for services to church and state. The baronetcy was one of the last to be created until 1991 (when Sir Denis Thatcher was created a baronet).
- Sir John Sinclair-Wemyss Arbuthnot (1912-1992)
- Sir William Reierson Arbuthnot, 2nd Baronet (1950) was educated at Eton College, Berkshire, and The College of Law, London.
- Heir apparent:Henry ("Harry") William Arbuthnot (2011)
Coat of armsEdit
- Arms: azure a crescent between three mullets argent, a bordure gules charged with two escallops in chief and a buck's head cabossed or in base, and in centre chief (overlapping bordure) an inescutcheon argent.
- Crest: a peacock's head and neck proper, accompanied on either side by a spray of strawberry leaves vert, each flowered of a cinquefoil argent.
- Motto: Deum laudans ('Praising God').
- Debrett's Peerage
- Burke's Peerage
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Arbuthnot Baronets. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|