Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Area is a quantity expressing the two-dimensional size of a defined part of a surface, typically a region bounded by a closed curve. The term surface area refers to the total area of the exposed surface of a 3-dimensional solid, such as the sum of the areas of the exposed sides of a polyhedron. Area is an important invariant in the differential geometry of surfaces.
Units for measuring area include:
- are (a) = 100 square meters (m²)
- hectare (ha) = 100 ares (a) = 10000 square meters (m²)
- square kilometre (km²) = 100 hectars (ha) = 10000 ares (a) = 1000000 square metres (m²)
- square megametre (Mm²) = 1012 square metres
- square foot = 144 square inches = 0.09290304 square metres (m²)
- square yard = 9 square feet (0.84 m2) = 0.83612736 square metres (m²)
- square perch = 30.25 square yards = 25.2928526 square metres (m²)
- acre = 10 square chains or 160 square perches or 4840 square yards or 43,560 square feet (4,047 m2) = 4046.8564224 square metres (m²)
- square mile = 640 acres (2.59 km2) = 2.5899881103 squarea kilometers (km²)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Area. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|