Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|— district —|
|• Total||2,302 km2 (889 sq mi)|
|• Density||108/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bageshwar district is in the eastern Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, and is bounded on the west and northwest by Chamoli District, on the northeast and east by Pithoragarh District, and on the south by Almora District.
According to the 2011 census Bageshwar district has a population of 259,840,  roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 578th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 116 inhabitants per square kilometre (300 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 5.13 %. Bageshwar has a sex ratio of 1093 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 80.69 %.
According to the 2001 Indian census, the Bagheswar district had a population of 249,462. Hindus 247,402, Muslims 1,280 (.51%), Christians 361.
- ^ "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
- ^ "Uttarakhand - Districts of India: Know India". National Portal of India. http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts/andhra1.php?stateid=UA. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Official website
- Bageshwar District Map
- Kumaoni.org - Information on Kumaon Region and Community
- About Bageshwar - http://www.bageshwar.com
|Divisions and districts of Uttarakhand|
|Kumaon division: Almora | Bageshwar | Champawat | Nainital | Pithoragarh | Udham Singh Nagar|
|Garhwal division: Chamoli | Dehradun | Haridwar | Pauri Garhwal | Rudra Prayag | Tehri Garhwal | Uttarkashi|
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Uttarakhand is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Bageshwar district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|