Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Barbara was born around 1772 to parents Jacob Eckhart and Christina Druckenmiller.
Marriage to Phillip EverhartEdit
Barbara married Phillip Everhart in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania.
Children by Phillip EverhartEdit
The following are the known children of Phillip Everhart and Barbara Eckhart:
- Margaret Everhart (1795-?) (married Andrew Miller before 1820)
- John Karr Everhart (1796-1885) (married Nancy Viers 2/22/1818)
- Thomas McCoy Everhart (c1799-aft1832) (married Mary Wheeler 11/13/1817)
- Rachel Everhart (1802-?) (married James Viers 1/19/1820)
- James Everhart (1804-?) (married Harriet Koontz)
- Samuel Everhart (1805-?) (married Sarah Noel 8/5/1827)
- Delilah Everhart (1808-1865) (married Jacob Shepler 1/10/1828)
- Elizabeth Everhart (c1810-aft1820) (married James Shields 5/23/1826)
Death of husband Phillip EverhartEdit
Phillip Everhart died prior to the 1820 census, as Barbara was enumerated as a head of household in Green Township, Harrison County, Ohio.
Barbara's household in the 1820 census of Green Township, Harrison County, Ohio, is believed to have consisted of the following family members:
- Barbara (Eckhart) Everhart, 48, PA
- ?, son, 10-16
- Elizabeth Everhart, daughter, 0-10
It is presumed that Elizabeth is the daughter living with Barbara, since she went on to marry Barbara's next-door neighbor James Shields. It is uncertain which of Barbara's sons lived with Barbara, nor where Barbara's other unmarried children resided.