Benjamin Forrest was born 27 March 1841 in Arundel, Sussex, England, United Kingdom to Charles Forrest (1816-1888) and Caroline Jane Slaughter (1818-1895) and died 1902 in Steyning, Sussex, England, United Kingdom of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Esther Jackson (1844-1893) 1864 in Brighton, Sussex, England, United Kingdom. Ancestors are from the United Kingdom.
Benjamin Forrest was born in 1841 in Worthing (also recorded as Arundel), Sussex to Charles and Jane Forrest. His father was a cab driver. In 1864, Benjamin married Elizabeth Esther Jackson (1844-1893). Benjamin was recorded as a wood carter at the time of the 1881 census. He died aged sixty-one in 1902 in Steyning. Elizabeth had died aged forty-nine in 1893 in Brighton.
|Offspring of Benjamin Forrest and Elizabeth Esther Jackson (1844-1893)|
|Fanny Mary Forrest (1869-1941)|| |
|Minnie Forrest (1872)|| |
|Ada Alice Forrest (1874-1916)|| |
|Louisa Eliza Forrest (1876-)|| |
|Alice Mary Forrest (1878-)|| |
|Annie Jane Forrest (1880-)|
Benjamin and Elizabeth Esther Forrest had six children (by the 1881 census):
- Fanny Mary Forrest (1869 - 1941) married 1887 John Broadway (1866 - 1913)
- Minnie Forrest (1872 - after 1881)
- Ada Alice Forrest (1874 - 1916) married 1895 Henry Frater Powell (1872 - after 1901), a cyclemaker
- Louisa Eliza Forrest (1876 - after 1881)
- Alice Mary Forrest (1878 - after 1881)
- Annie Jane Forrest (1880 - after 1881)
Also living in the household were two of Elizabeth's brothers, both unmarried flymen, Henry Jackson (1845 - 1906) and Thomas Charles Jackson (1852 - 1931).