1645 in Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Roger Wellington (1609-1698) and Mary Palgrave (1619-1695) and died 8 January 1710 in Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Sweetman (1646-c1694) 7 December 1671 in Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Notable ancestors include Henry II of England (1133-1189), William I of England (1027-1087), Charlemagne (747-814), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Rurik (c832-879), Alfred the Great (849-899). Ancestors are from the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Spain, Belgium, England, Portugal, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Turkey.Benjamin Wellington was born
While he may have fought in King Phillip's War (1675-78), he certainly did NOT die there (despite claims from other sources). Instead he sired many children in the years afterwards.
Marriage & Family
- Ruhama Wellington (1671-1772)
- Elizabeth Wellington (1673-1729) - md Captain John Fay, a prominent figure in the civic affairs of Marlboro MA and Westboro MA. Many noteworthy posterity.
- Benjamin Wellington (1676-1738)
- Ebenezer Wellington (1678-)
- John Wellington (1678-1717)
- Mehetabel Wellington (1687-1776) - md William Sherman (1692-1740), parents of US Founding Father Roger Sherman (1721-1793) and many notable posterity.
- Joseph Wellington (1691-1746)
- Roger Wellington (1695-)
|Offspring of Roger Wellington and Mary Palgrave (1619-1695)|
|John Wellington (1638-1697)|| |
|Mary Wellington (1640-1690)||10 December 1640 Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts||21 January 1690 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Henry Maddock (1640-)|
John Coolidge (1628-1690)
|Joseph Wellington (1643-1714)|| |
|Benjamin Wellington (1646-1709)||1645 Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||8 January 1710 Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Elizabeth Sweetman (1646-c1694)|
|Oliver Wellington (1648-1727)|| |
|Palgrave Wellington (1655-1715)|