- Born: __ September 1825, Grafshaft-Bentheim, Prussia
- Died: 1873 (varying accounts of his death)
- One of his grandchildren reports that Berend Hendrik's death is that he was working as a ditchdigger in Uelsen, had a heart attack, and fell face-down into a ditch he was digging and drowned in the rainwater that had collected there.
- Another grandchild claims that Berend Hendrik was working in his backyard garden in Halle, Hanover and had a fatal heart attack.
- Note: In the marriage of Berend Hendrik's parents, the surname of the mother was taken by the father as a condition of the land dowry given by Swenne's parents. If he accepted Wever land, he had to take the Wever name. This was a fairly common practice in Grafschaft-Bentheim.