|— County (Judeţ) —|
|Capital city (Resedinţă de judeţ)||Botoşani|
|• Type||County Board|
|• President of the County Board||Mihai Țâbuleac (PD-L)|
|• Prefect2||Cristian Roman|
|• Total||4,986 km2 (1,925 sq mi)|
|• Density||91/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 x314|
|GDP||US$ 2.06 billion (2008)|
|GDP/capita||US$ 4,536 (2008)|
|1The developing regions of Romania have no administrative role. They were formed just to attract funds from the European Union
2 as of 2007, the Prefect is not a politician, but a public functionary. He (or she) is not allowed to be a member of a political party, and is banned to have any political activity in the first six months after the resignation (or exclusion) from the public functionary corps
3w, x, y, and z are digits that indicate the city, the street, part of the street, or even the building of the address
4x is a digit indicating the operator: 2 for the former national operator, Romtelecom, and 3 for the other ground telephone networks
5used on both the plates of the vehicles that operate only in the county limits (like utility vehicles, ATVs, etc.), and the ones used outside the county
In 2002, it had a population of 452,834 and the population density was 91/km2.
- Romanians - (98.8%) - the highest percentage of Romanians in Romania
- Gypsies -(0.7%)- the lowest percentage of Gypsies in Romania
- Russians - (0.2%)
- Ukrainians - (0.2%)
- it is situated between Siret and Prut, in the north-east part of the county, Ukraine in the north and Republic of Moldova in the east. At the west and south it has borders with the Suceava County and Iaşi County.
- it has a total area of 4,986 km2 (2.1% of the Romanian territory).
- the relief is a high plain, between the valleys of the Siret River, the Prut River and its affluent the Jijia River.
- temperate climate, influenced by the eastern air masses of the continent.
- Republic of Moldova in the East - Edineţ Raion.
- Suceava County in the West.
- Ukraine in the North - Chernivtsi Oblast.
- Iaşi County in the South.
This is a predominantly agricultural county.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Textile industry
- Food industry
- Electrical components industry
- Glass and porcelain industry
the main tourist in Romania are: botosani suceava,
Template:Urban Settlements Botoşani Botoşani County has 2 municipalities, 5 towns and 71 communes
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia după etnie"
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populaţia la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 şi 2002"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|