Bulandshahr District is in the Meerut Division of Uttar Pradesh, located between Ganges and Yamuna rivers. This is situated between 28.4 0 south and 28.0 0 north latitude and between 77.0 0 and 78.0 0 longitude. The District is about 84 km in length and 62 km in breadth. The district is 237.44 meters above sea level. The district headquarters is situated at Bulandshahr city.
The district has many important towns such as Sikandrabad, Dibai, Shikarpur, Siyana, Bugrasi, Anoopshahr, Jehangirabad, Khurja and Bulandshahr.
The Ganges River separates the district from Jyotiba Phule Nagar District and Badaun District to the east. The district is bounded on the south by Aligarh District, on the west by Gautam Budh Nagar, and on the north by Ghaziabad District.
According to the 2011 census Bulandshahr district has a population of 3,498,507 , roughly equal to the nation of Lithuania or the US state of Connecticut. This gives it a ranking of 85th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 788 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,040 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 20.09 %. Bulandshahar has a sex ratio of 892 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 70.23 %.
- Vijay Singh Pathik (1882-1954) Author. Born in Gulawathi.
- Hetu Bhardwaj (1937- ) Author. Born in Ramner.
- Naib Subedar Yogendra Singh Yadav of the Indian army was awarded the highest Indian military honour, Param Vir Chakra, for his actions during the Kargil War on 4 July 1999. He was born in Aurangabad village, Bulandshahr District, Uttar Pradesh.
- Dr Chandramani Brahmduttis, a famous Hindi writer, was born Dhariun village, Khurja.
- ^ "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. http://www.educationforallinindia.com/page157.html. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Lithuania 3,535,547 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Connecticut 3,574,097"
- ^ Bhartiya Pragtisheel Shiksha Parishad (1986). Shodhak, Issues 43-45. Bhartiya Pragtisheel Shiksha Parishad. p. 49.
- ^ http://books.google.com/books?id=QA1V7sICaIwC&pg=PA140&lpg=PA140&dq=hetu+bhardwaj&source=web&ots=iZla82XSJe&sig=F2kzQFPsm8ldq6R_Pbb9czy5fhU&hl=en
|Ghaziabad district||Jyotiba Phule Nagar district|
|Gautam Buddha Nagar district|
|Aligarh district||Budaun district|
|This article about a location in Uttar Pradesh is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Bulandshahr district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|