|— County —|
|Capital city (Reședință de județ)||Buzău|
|• Type||County Board|
|• President of the County Board||Victor Mocanu (PD)|
|• Prefect2||Paul Beganu|
|• Total||6,103 km2 (2,356 sq mi)|
|Area rank||17th in Romania|
|• Rank||18th in Romania|
|• Density||81/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||+40 x384|
|GDP||US$ 3.5 billion (2008)|
|GDP/capita||US$ 7,050 (2008)|
|1The developing regions of Romania have no administrative role. They were formed just to attract funds from the European Union
2 as of 2007, the Prefect is not a politician, but a public functionary. He (or she) is not allowed to be a member of a political party, and is banned to have any political activity in the first six months after the resignation (or exclusion) from the public functionary corps
3w, x, y, and z are digits that indicate the city, the street, part of the street, or even the building of the address
4x is a digit indicating the operator: 2 for the former national operator, Romtelecom, and 3 for the other ground telephone networks
5used on both the plates of the vehicles that operate only in the county limits (like utility vehicles, ATVs, etc.), and the ones used outside the county
In 2011, it had a population of 432,054 and the population density was 70.7/km².
This county has a total area of 6,103 km².
In the North Side there are the mountains from the southern end of the Eastern Carpathians group – the Vrancea Mountains and the Buzău Mountains with heights over 1,700 m. The heights decrease in the South and East passing through the subcarpathian hills to the Bărăgan Plain at about 80 m.
- Brăila County to the east.
- Prahova County and Brașov County to the west.
- Covasna County and Vrancea County to the north.
- Ialomița County to the south.
The predominant industries in the county are:
- Mechanical components; railway and automotive components
- Metallurgical parts
The hilly area is well-suited for wines and fruit orchards. Salt and oil are the main resources extracted in the county.
The main touristical destinantions are:
- The city of Buzău.
- The Vrancea Mountains and Buzău Mountains.
- The Berca Mud Volcanoes
- The amber museum in Colţi
- The Ciolanu Monastery and the Măgura sculpture camp
- The Rătești Monastery
- The Amara Resort.
- The Sărata-Monteoru Resort.
Administrative divisions Edit
Buzău County has 2 municipalities, 3 towns and 82 communes
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populația după etnie"
- ^ National Institute of Statistics, "Populația la recensămintele din anii 1948, 1956, 1966, 1977, 1992 și 2002"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|