Prince Charles of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Duke of Castro (born 24 February 1963) is one of two claimants to the headship of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies.
Early life and educationEdit
Charles was born at Saint-Raphaël, Var, France, the only son of Ferdinand, Duke of Castro, and of his wife, Chantal de Chevron-Villette. He was baptised with the names Carlo Maria Bernardo Gennaro. Until 2008, he used the title Duke of Calabria.
Charles was educated firstly at the Institute of the Marist Fathers at Toulon, France. He went on to study at a namesake of the Collège Stanislas de Paris located in Nice, France. After studying at an international university in Paris, he spent three years working for a public relations firm in Manhattan. He is fluent in Italian, French and English.
Headship of the House of Bourbon Two SiciliesEdit
In 2008, Carlo, baptised Charles, succeeded his father as claimant to the headship of the House of the Two Sicilies. As head of the house, he uses the title Duke of Castro.
Charles's supporters state that since his grandfather's brother Infante Carlos renounced his rights of succession to the throne of the Two Sicilies in 1900, the headship of the house passed to Charles's grandfather Ranieri, Duke of Castro, then to Charles's father Ferdinand, Duke of Castro, and most recently to Charles. Infante Carlos's claims to be the Duke of Calabria and head of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies are recognized by the Spanish king Juan Carlos of Spain (since they are cousins), while the other royal families (and all others Bourbon-Two Sicilies members) recognize the Castro claim.
Charles claims the disputed Grand Mastership of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, the Order of Saint Ferdinand and Merit, the Order of St. Januarius, the Order of Saint George and Reunion, and the Royal Order of Francis I.
Charles has been decorated with several dynastic and state honours.
Marriage and issueEdit
They have two children:
- Princess Maria-Carolina Chantal Edoarda Beatrice Januaria of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born in Rome in 2003)
- Princess Maria Chiara Amalia Carola Louise Carmen of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (born in Rome 2005)
Titles from birthEdit
- 24 February 1963 – 13 January 1973 His Royal Highness The Duke of Noto
- 13 January 1973 – 20 March 2008 His Royal Highness The Duke of Calabria
- 20 March 2008 – present His Royal Highness The Duke of Castro
- ^ Worldroots
- ^ (Disputed) Headship of the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies In Defense of (Real) History: Who is the Head of the Royal House of Bourbon of the Two Sicilies? by Luigi Mendola.
- ^  The Two Sicilies Succession]]
- ^ The Succession to the Headship of the The Two Sicilies Royal House
- ^ His Royal Highness The Duke of Calabria
- ^ a b Boubon-Two Sicilies Royal Family
Carlo di Borbone-Due Sicilie (1963)
Cadet branch of the House of BourbonBorn: 24 February 1963
|Duke of Castro|
20 March 2008 — present
|Titles in pretence|
|— TITULAR —|
King of the Two Sicilies
2008 — present
* Reason for succession failure *
Italian Unification under the House of Savoy
Prince Antoine of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
Duke of Noto
|Line of succession to the|
throne of the Two Sicilies (Calabria line)
| Succeeded by|
Prince Antoine of
Pedro de Borbon-dos
Sicilias y Landaluce
|Line of succession to|
the French throne (Legitimist)
c. 26th position
| Succeeded by|
Adrian de Bourbon
|NAME||Carlo Of Castro, Duke, Prince|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24 February 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Saint-Raphaël, France|
|DATE OF DEATH|
|PLACE OF DEATH|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Prince Carlo, Duke of Castro. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|