Catharine Jane Cottam was born January 7, 1855 in Salt Lake City, Utah. She married Miles Park Romney on September 15, 1873 and died in Salt Lake City, Utah on January 6, 1918.
Vital Stats Edit
- Daughter of Thomas Cottam (1820-1896) and Caroline Smith (1820-1890)
- 1855-Jan-07 : Birth in Salt Lake City, Utah Territory
- 1873-Sep-15 : Marriage to Miles Park Romney (1843-1904) in Salt Lake City Utah as his second wife in a polygamous family.
- 1882 Family moved to Mormon Colonies in Mexico
- 1912 Pancho Villa and the Mexican Revolution forces families to flee Mexico.
- 1918-Jan-06 : Died in Salt Lake City, Utah USA
- Letters of Catharine Cottam Romney - Diary of a Mormon Polygamy Family living in Mexico.
Children of Miles Romney and Catherine Cottam Edit
1873-Sep-15 : Marriage to Catharine Jane Cottam (1855-1918) in Salt Lake City - 10 children
- Caroline Cottam Romney (1874-1954) - m. Edward Eyring (parents of 10 children including Camilla Eyring Kimball (wife LDS Church President Spencer Kimball) and Henry Eyring the physicist. Grandson, Henry B Erying has served in the First Presidency of the LDS Church since 2008.
- Thomas Cottam Romney (1876-1962) - m. Lydia Naegle - he was director of the Logan LDS Institute of Religion and President of the Central States Mission.
- Junius Romney (1878-1971) - m. Gertrude Stowell
- Claude Romney (1880-1887) - died young
- Park Romney (1882-1943) - m. Mary Lee
- Emma Romney (1884-1957) - m. Edward Eyring
- Ethel Romney (1888-1970) -m. twice - Petersen and Lillywhite
- Ida Romney (1891-1943) - m. Leo Alldredge
- Lula Romney (1894-1993) - m. Edward Clayson
- Vernon Romney (1896-1976) - m. twice - Lois Bradford (a descendant of the Plymouth Colony founder) and Helen Hackett-Brown. Vernon served many years on the Republican state and National Committee from Utah. His wife Helen, was Vice Charman of the Utah Republican Party and founding member of the Utah State Heritage Foundation. Their son Vernon was Utah Attorney General (1969-1976) and another son Keith was a pioneer in condominium developments.
- Romney Family Ancestry
- Google Books - Letters of Catharine Cottam Romney