Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Catherine Devaney (1863-1956) Housewife (b. May 1863, Ireland - d. January 06, 1956, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA)
- Daniel Langan (1885-1964) who married Jenny Lynch (1885-1969)
- Edward Langan (1886) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan II (1888) who died as an infant
- James Patrick Langan I (1889-1975) who was an Army Sergeant who served in World War I and was a newspaper pressman who married Katherine Mary Norton (1894-1942)
- John Langan (1890-?)
- Edward Langan (1891-?)
- Catherine Veronica Langan (1892-1950) who was a school teacher who never married
- John F. Langan (1893) who died as an infant
- Cornelius Langan (1893-1896) who died as a child
- Bernard Langan II (1895) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan III (1895-?)
- Bernard Langan III (1895-1898)
- Ann Langan (1898-1939) who married Francis Ayers
- Charles E. Langan (1899-1996) who was a welder who married May Cornetta
- Bernard Francis Langan I (1903-1982) who married Anna Fortmuller
- John Langan II (1905) who died as an infant
The following is from her obituary in the Jersey Journal:
Mrs. Catherine Devaney Langan, 92, who came to Jersey City from Ireland 75 years ago and lived most her life in Our Lady of Victories parish, died Friday at her home, 288 Ege Avenue. Mrs. Langan was the mother of two Jersey City school teachers who died a few years ago, Miss Catherine Langan and Mrs. Anna Ayres. She leaves four sons, 11 grandchildren and one great grandchild. James Houghton is in charge of her funeral, which will be tomorrow from her home. Langan - Mrs. Catherine (nee Devaney), on January 6, 1956, beloved wife of the late John; devoted mother of Daniel, James, Charles, Bernard and the late Katherine Langan and Mrs. Anna Ayres. Relatives and friends also members of Our Lady of Victories Rosary Society are respectfully invited to attend funeral from her late residence, 288 Ege Avenue, Jersey City, Tuesday, 9 a.m. Solemn high funeral mass Our Lady of Victories Roman Catholic Church, 10 a.m. Interment Holy Name Cemetery. James H. Houghton, Funeral Director.